GHI’s 9th Safety Conference, 8-9 September 2020, Barcelona, is an open and supportive industry forum that's designed to empower aviation stakeholders to improve safety standards in ground operations.
The Conference unites handlers, airlines, airports and equipment manufacturers to share best practice lessons from real-life incidents on the apron.
Through a combination of case-study-led presentations and interactive workshops – this conference will equip you with the tools and techniques to reduce aircraft ground damage and ensure that your employees return home safe from every single shift.
Presentation themes for 2020 include:
NEW FOR 2020:
- Creating a high safety culture: advice on engaging frontline teams in improving safety standards on the apron.
- The use of automation/technology to deliver a safer turnaround: examining the opportunities for driverless GSE and using live data capture to design out common accident occurrences during turnarounds.
- Airlines and ground handlers: adopting a ‘one team’ approach to ground safety that fosters more effective communication between flight crews and ramp teams whatever the time pressure.
- Ground damage incidents: exploring the lessons from real-life accidents and how we can better manage the risk factors.
- Human Factors: exploring the psychology of unsafe human behaviours and the impact of skills shortages at stations on safety.
- Weather, climate and the safety impact: investigating the impact of storms, rain, freezing cold and sweltering heat on ground safety processes and human behaviours. How do we ensure our operations perform safely whatever the weather?
Have your say on the future of ground safety regulation by taking part in our special Ground Safety Industry Summit
at this year’s conference. Recommendations will be submitted to a European-wide approach to ensure safety in groundhandling being led by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency.