Following another year of aircraft damage, tragic deaths and traumatic injuries to employees of both carriers and handlers while working on aprons across the world – GHI has called this emergency summit meeting for airlines and ground service providers to fast-track potential safety improvements.
The summit will be held in a spirit of partnership and best practice-sharing between aviation stakeholders, who share a common goal of ensuring every employee returns home safe from their shift and aircraft avoid preventable damage.
Key discussion areas will include:
● Human factors in improving ground safety
● The importance of strong communication between airline and ground crews to avoid common accidents during tow, turnaround and pushback
● IGOM and the safety case for standardising ground operations by aircraft type
● Incident reporting: the role of airlines/handlers in creating a Just Culture where people feel safe to speak up about near misses
● Automation in improving ground safety
● Collaboration: sharing safety data and incidents among rival operators for the greater good
● Can we regulate our way to a safer industry? The case for legislation to boost ground safety standards
What can be done to improve ground safety? Email your views to: email@example.com